The war started! Allies or enemies do not matter. Are you and your tank to the end.
In a world where having a tank is cheaper than buying a bike. Humanity is driven to use them as a means of entertainment, until accidents happen, then, is when the planet is invaded cholera, and to subsist... sometimes there are small alliances that last no more than what you end the cigar.
Sliverbroom Studios, hi, it's a pleasure meeting you here, is the team behind this game, where players can stay for hours facing waves of tanks alone or with friends through three modes:
- Survival: In teams or individual. Players must survive waves of tanks, until time runs out, the lives or player reaches the preset amount of points. You can also play single player.
- Dungeons: Strictly team. All players make up a team which must overcome several rooms fulfilling various objectives, to reach the last unharmed. The game ends when they reach the ultimate goal or lose all their lives. You can also play single player.
- Strategy: Only multiplayer. In this mode strictly two to four players, each has a base that must defend and destroy the opponents: in teams or individually. The player or team who stay with at least one base. Players also have several tanks to help them protect their base, himself, destroy an enemy base, or the same enemies; all controlled under the command of the player.
Currently is developing and we hope end it soon, however we deliver a playable demo, and we hope you like.
Note: The demo now has available only the Survival mode, with the time we will upgrade the demo with the others game modes.
The game is being developed at the famous Unity game engine, and it's based on a template by Song-GameDev which we had to do modifications (changes were not easy), among them were:
- A local multiplayer was added: The template is suitable only for single-player, and we believed that would be easy, but not, we had to do changes all of it, to achieve the game has multiplayer and be more funny.
- A new strategy mode was added: We wanted to add a tactic mode, and we did see the template already had three modes, we thought that no fits the third mode (top-down 2D), then we replace it with our strategy mode (and the result was awesome).
- A gameplay to hack was added: While we were developing the changes and we were doing tests, it arrived to our mind to implement a system hack, which players could appropriate a turret to fight on with them, or to destroy a boss as if players were loading pumps (this as result was very exiting).
- All art was changed: Of course, we had to change all art, because we love to work and be different, and a template is a big support (we recommend, in special if you are beginning).
This is not our first game, actually. Since last year (2015) we publish a game in Steam Greenlight, named Pigmentone, which It took nearly 10 months to be approved by the community, a little more to have been 12 months, XD. People were very nice with their support, and we are happy because that game achieved it.
Now, we feature in Steam Greenlight a new game, Heavy Bleakness, and... we had a bad start, T-T. People thought that our game had a bad control of FPS, therefore they thought it had a poor performance, because our error was upload a video where showed frozen moments, but it was problem of the capture software, and we had to act quickly. It was tired, but, we achieved upload a new video we took with another capture software with which showed a better game. Well, while we did repair our mistake it rained us a lot of negative votes, T-T.
We invite you to vote for it in Steam Greenlight to arrive on your hands, but before, you learn more about the features our game, because we love video games as much as you, we hope you like the game.
The game is a local multiplayer for four players, each player can choose from four different tanks:
Each tank has an unique special ability useful when you are in danger, these abilities spend energy you can use them again when energy bar is sufficiently full, so, up to you to choose that moment. Also, each tank has a default weapon and each weapon has an alternative shoot, it can be another shoot object or another ability. To continue you can see all weapons:
All the weapons you can use them when they appear in the scene during the match. The abilities also appear in the scene, useful when you need one to eliminate the enemies that follow you. When you play, during the match there are items that appear in the scene, these help you to recover health, energy, life, increase/decrease your speed, earn ammo, etc. The next image shows all items:
This mode is allowed play in teams or individual. In this mode you survive the waves of tanks alone or with friends, or also, against your them, while each defends. You can play in three rule types
- Time: The game ends when time runs out.
- Lifes: The game ends when all players already do not have more lives.
- Score: The game ends when someone reach the preset score.
This mode is strictly in team, i.e. all players make up a team which must overcome several rooms fulfilling various objectives, to reach the last unharmed. The game ends when they reach the ultimate goal or lose all their lives.
This mode is for multiplayer, only two to four players, each has a base that must defend and destroy the opponents: in teams or individually. The team who stay with at least one base is the winner.
Artwork, Models & Levels Design - Humberto Lara
Progammer, Animator, FX & Audio synchronizer - Roman Lara
These are all! ...Yes, we are small team but with big dreams. We are an indie game developer, which is called Sliverbroom Studios, and Heavy Bleakness is our second comercial title. We are a pair of brothers that, our efforts are dedicated every day to make our dream a reality, and to make games we want to play like you will enjoy playing them as much as we enjoy developing them. The costs of making the game have been funded out of our pockets, and now we turn to your support, because now we are afraid that this game does not go to see the light, for that reason if you can't support us, we invite you to vote for it and share it.